Hourly Temporary Employees and all Student Employees (both hourly and flat rate) are paid on a bi-weekly cycle. The Bi-Weeky Payroll Calendar shows the start and end of each bi-weekly work period and the corresponding pay date.
The Bi-Weekly Payroll Calendar also shows the cut-off deadline for submission of hourly employees Web Time Entry (WTE) time sheets and the cut-off deadline for supervisor approvals.
In general, the WTE online time sheet submission deadline for employees is 5 p.m. on the Monday after the bi-weekly pay period end date and the approval deadline for supervisors is noon on the Tuesday after the bi-weekly pay period end date. However, online time sheet entry due dates and cut-offs may be adjusted for holidays (please consult the calendar).
Hourly employees must access (open) their online time sheet prior to midnight on the final Sunday of the work period. If the time sheet is not opened prior to midnight on the final Sunday, the employee will be locked out and will have to submit a "late" paper time sheet in order to receive payment.
- 2016 Bi-Weekly Payroll Calendar
- 2015 Bi-Weekly Payroll Calendar.pdf
- 2014 Bi-Weekly Payroll Calendar.pdf
- 2013 Bi-Weekly Payroll Calendar.pdf
- Temporary Employees WTE Guidelines.pdf
- Approvers WTE Guidelines.pdf
Tip: Set up a "tickler" in Google calendar to remind you of important deadlines!
Setting up a Google "tickler" email
The Payroll Office advises that each hourly employee and their supervisors create a "tickler" on their Google calendar so that they automatically receive an email every other week reminding them of payroll deadlines.
For example, if you want an email prompt to remind you to submit your time sheet to your supervisor every other Monday, follow these procedures:
- When in Google Mail, click on 'Calendar'.
- Click on the first day & time you want the email to show up.
- In the 'What' box, type in 'Submit time sheet'.
- Click on 'Edit event details'.
- Put a check mark in the 'Repeat' box
- Choose 'Weekly'. Repeats every '2' weeks. Repeat on 'M'. Starts on '(fill in date)'. Ends 'Never'.
- Click on 'Done'. Click on 'Save'.