Required Documents

Mandatory for All Employees

I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification Form

The purpose of the I-9 form is to document that each new employee is authorized to work in the United States.  This form must be completed in the Human Resources Department at the time of hire.

Social Security Number

All employees must have a Social Security number in order to be paid.

Federal and State Withholding Allowance Certificates

All employees must fill out Federal W-4 and State NC-4 withholding forms.  If these forms are not on file in the Payroll Office at the time that payroll is being processed, the assumption is that the employee is single with no exemptions.

Direct Deposit

Direct Deposit of pay is mandatory for all University employees.

Mandatory for Student Employees

Student Employment Contract

All students, whether paid an hourly or a flat rate, must sign a Student Employment Contract which has been completed and signed by their supervisor. Student employees pay may be delayed if Student Payroll Service Center does not receive a signed contract.

Upon receipt of the completed contract, the Student Employment Coordinator will set up the employee’s job in the payroll system.  For hourly employees, an on-line time sheet will be available in OnePort once the job has been set up.

Mandatory for Temporary Employees

Temporary Employee Authorization Form

Supervisors must fill out a Temporary Employee Authorization form (TEA) for all temporary employees, whether paid an hourly or flat rate.  This form must be completely filled out and signed by the hiring department, budget office, department head or dean, and appropriate Vice Chancellor of the division.  The form then must be directed to the coordinator of temporary employment in the Human Resources Department so that the job can be set up in the payroll system.